Well, I've been in Asia for a week now, and I have seen a lot already. Here's a short recap of the things I did:
On Tuesday June 19, I arrived in Thailand's capital Bangkok, to start my five-and-a-halve week tour thru Thailand, Cambodia and Laos.
So first, I checked out bustling Bangkok:
- ride some Tuk Tuks, drink some Singha beer, hang and go out on Khao San road with some other backpackers
- ride a bicycle in and around Bangkok, which was awesome. I did the tour with two other nice Dutch guys and we saw so many things did you would otherwise never ever see. From manouvring through Bangkoks busy traffic to literally riding through peoples living rooms in the slumps. Definitely a highlight.
- Enjoy the delicious food here, of course.
After two nights in BKK I joined the bicycle guys and did a group tour of 3 days to the Kanchanaburi area, where I:
- saw the 'death railway' including the famous 'bridge over the river kwai'
- rode the train over that railroad, with some awesome views
- visited the 'hellfire pass', one of the deadliest parts of the Birmese railroad.
- Slept in a floating hotel on the river kwai and swam in the river.
- visit the Kanchanaburi War Cemetery, to put flowers on my great grandfather's stone.
After the Kanchanaburi trip I went back to Bangkok, got some massages (coz they're so damn cheap) and did a daytour to the nearby former capital Ayutthaya, where I saw a whole lotta temples... Guess visiting temples is gonna be a major part of this trip...
Check out last week's many pretty pictures at my picasa web gallery (week 1).
Right now I'm already in country #2, Cambodia, in its capital Phnom Penh. I got here this morning, but more about this country in my next post...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ziet er mooi uit, Pat! Vooral dat stuk in de jungle op die olifant enzo :)
Vet Pat!
Maar tempels sjmempels, wie is dat chickie op de laatste foto?
olifant was wel lachen, maar niet zo spannend als de foto wellicht doet vermoeden...
chickie op de laatste foto is nadia, een local uit bangkok, maar wel met een bijna onverstaanbaar engels accent. leuk om mee te poolen (ze is vet goed) maar meer ook niet hoor. niet echt mijn type...
Post a Comment